[MCP]Worlds-in-Worlds and MCP

Jason Varner jvarner at ucf.edu
Thu May 22 02:13:22 UTC 2003

On Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at 21:54 US/Eastern, Ned Konz wrote:

> On Wednesday 21 May 2003 05:57 pm, Jason Varner wrote:
>> There's a couple of issues with this, of course. Chief among them
>> is that the SystemWindow never passes any blue-clicks (halos) to
>> its immediate submorph, so no red-halo handle menu for the
>> miniWorld. Also, and probably related, windows within the
>> SystemWindow are extremely difficult to work with at times. I had
>> extreme difficulty working with File Lists, for instance.
>
> There are a number of places where events may not be getting
> translated into the right coordinate systems.
>
> You can see an excellent example of this with the World Menu. It
> usually comes up next to the mouse, but in an active world it
> doesn't.

I had noticed that with active worlds, but I doubt it's the problem
with my code snippet, because I'm still using a stock PasteUpMorph with
no transformations. The morph is acting more as if it can't get mouse
events (probably because either the surrounding world or the
SystemWindow is eating them). It certainly could be a factor, though -
thanks for suggesting it.

Maybe while I'm working on this I can go get the coordinates problem
with active worlds fixed too. :)

Jason