Squeak as Linux and other threads

Stephan B. Wessels swessels at one.net
Thu May 22 12:53:50 UTC 2003

On Thursday, May 22, 2003, at 07:10 AM, Stephen Pair wrote:

> goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
>
>> Dependencies:
>> - I know how Debian works and I am gladly borrowing ideas from them.
>> BUT... the dependency model that I am planning is different. Simpler
>> and
>> IMHO more suitable for our needs. Doing things like have prereqs that
>> says "version >= 0.9" or stuff like that I personally do not like
>
> Hooray!!!  There is absolutely no need for such constructs in
> prerequisites...I am so glad to hear you say that.

Stephen,

I may be walking in on a thread a little late here, but my first
reaction is "Are you sure about that"?  I guess what you are advocating
is that the latest version of any prerequisite would be loaded
regardless if it is already loaded.

Perhaps I miss something?

  - Steve

--
Eighty percent of success is showing up.
   - Woody Allen