Running Mac Squeak on Darwin?

Stephen Pair stephen at pairhome.net
Thu May 22 15:26:08 UTC 2003

Is it possible to replicate a Mac Squeak environment without spending
any money on Mac hardware or software?  That's my goal...I've got lots
of old PC hardware lying around and don't want to spend any dollars on
Mac hardware, but, I would like to have a Mac Squeak environment for
testing purposes.  Specifically, could I install Darwin on Intel
hardware and run the Squeak Mac VM?  Would this environment allow me to
see behavior that is peculiar to the Mac VM for the purposes of testing?

- Stephen