the monopoly of classes

diegogomezdeck at consultar.com diegogomezdeck at consultar.com
Thu May 22 20:03:08 UTC 2003

Hi,

The classes are a good idea but they are not a must for an Object Oriented
environment.

In Smalltalk/Squeak the classes represent the concepts (the forms in
Plato's theory).  The relation between the objects and their classes is a
isA defintion.  And you know, we use to say "everything is an Object"... so
make sense that every concept is a sub-concept of Object.

English: "Everything is an Object"
Smalltalk: Object allSubInstances allSatisfy:[:each | each isKindOf: Object]

Cheers,

Diego