Morphforge.

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Fri May 23 05:36:00 UTC 2003

Tim Rowledge wrote:
> > While I'm waiting for the unix port to stabalize again so I can
>> resume my attempt to make it run on the framebuffer [I don't have the
>> skills to repair the broken VM sources cuz I don't know how the
>> partially implemented new design is supposed to work..]

> Broken? Partially implemented? You'll have to elucidate a touch here;

> last time I tried (only a short while ago) it was perfectly possible to
> install the VMMaker package,

I am refering to 3.5-1devel from Ian's site... (the only one directly
refferanced by the main squeak.org page -- it seems...)

It builds but the binary fails to initialize.

> CVS the platform tree from SF and do the appropriate incantations as
> detailed on the swiki and in the unix code doc files.

Oh, in that case it may as well not exist to me because even the thought
of using a linux program to hack into the sourceforge archive causes me
an intense nausia and causes me to reach for the Unix Hater's Barf Bag
that I wish I had whenever I try to do anything with leenooks beyond
dialing the net and browsing with a mostly dysfunctional installation of
Mozilla.... =\

I have such powerfully strong visceral emotive feelings about even
attempting to figure out how to use even "basic" tools such as CVS that
the current source may as well be in a machine on an isolated network in
the basement of the Pentagon.

Please arange to have development snapshots made available through
FTP...

> For me it made a vm that I was then able to use to repeat the
> process as a test. There are some very minor issues with some variants
> of *nix like freebsd for example.

My linux installation (now more than a year old!) is so messed up at
this point that it may as well be some obscure research OS. =*(

These descriptions of your accomplishments with Squeak aren't an
inspiration to me rather they only work to deepen my inferiority complex
and intense rage against all linux developers... =\

--
Having never read a manual, it takes less effort to hack something
togeather with www.squeak.org than it does with C++ and five books.