is squeak really object oriented ?

Jorge Campos jorgecampos at delta-sys.com
Fri May 23 11:21:55 UTC 2003

Hi Diego.

I agree and I do not ;-)

For certain things an image will be a better representation than text... but
it is still a representation... and for me sometimes is difficult to say
when a form of representation is better than other.

Example: how an OrderedCollection should be represented? If you see what's
inside it, then you're breaking encapsulaption... so, how do you imagine it?
Let's suppouse that we pick as representation a black box on the screen...
is that more representative than the text myOrderedCollection?

But I agree that the object car will be nicer represented as a little car on
the screen... but about the amount of information in the representation... I
don't know... "car image" and "car text" should be close.

Since we all know how to speak, then textual representation do the job...
graphic representation is nicer and will "invite" more people to play with
objects.

Cheers

Jorge