[ANN] MMMVM

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Sat May 24 22:14:55 UTC 2003

Folks,

>     In all humbleness, I proudly present to you (drum roll........)
>
>                     The MultiMedia Mob VM.

    Obviously this announcement was not from me, there is
    no attachement of MobVM (maybe it was from a copy of me ;-)

    Please unpack the attached 3plus4.zip to an empty directory.

    Try running 3plus4.exe. You will not see anything
    (so much for a multimedia release ;-) but make sure that there are
    folders 'Images' and 'MultiMedia' in the folder where 3plus4.exe
    resides.

    However, if you edit the section [ImageProcessing] in the file
    SqMOM.ini in the folder 'MultiMedia' so that:

            [ImageProcessing]
            Active=1
            ShowObjects=1
            ShowClasses=1
            ShowFields=1

    and run 3plus4.exe again, then again you will see nothing
    (so much for a multimedia release ;-)

    However if you look at the folder 'Images' you will see besides
    '3plus4.image', now there are several text files (image processing
    rendered in text format, so much for a multimedia release ;-).

    These text files are in CSV format :

        - AllObjects.txt has these fields:

                - ObjectId : Sequentially from 1, 0 is the SpecialObject
                - ObjectOop: Oops are adjusted memory location
                - ClassOop
                - CCI
                - Type
                - Format
                - Size
                - SlotSiz
                - Fields

        - AllClasses.txt has these fields:

                - ClassOop
                - ClassClassOop
                - SuperClassOop
                - ClassName

        - AllSmallIntFields.txt has these fields:

                - ObjectId
                - FieldNumber
                - FieldValue

        - AllOtherFields.txt has these fields:

                - ObjectId
                - FieldNumer: Sequentially numbered
                - FieldOop

        - OMParams.txt contains some parameters in the image header
           in the form 'Param=Value', e.g:

                specialObjectsOop=0440926284
                memory=0440926208
                endOfMemory=0440941336
                memoryLimit=0445135680
                dataSize=0000015128
                extraVMMemory=0000000000
                bytesToShift=0440926144
                savedWindowSize=0000000000
                fullScreenFlag=0000000000
                lastHash=0000004073

    'AllPrerequisites.txt' is not supported for now.

    You will need to do some data mining. A DBMS is needed.
    SQL scripts are helpful.

    MMMVM is released in the hope that '3plus4.image' will be cleaned
    up leaving no crufts behind.

    Hopefully MMMVM is of some use to the Squatters.

    Bugs reports, comments, feedback are more than welcome.

    Enjoy,

    PhiHo.