Layouting

Ingo Hohmann ingo at 2b1.de
Sat May 24 23:25:51 UTC 2003

Hi All,

I am trying to create a layout that in essence is like a spreadsheet, so
far I have 30 columns and 6 rows.

The spreadsheet is meant as a calendar, so the rows are are like weeks,
and every 6 columns make up a day.

What do you think would be the best way to layout this?

My first version uses a lot of embedded TableLayouts ...

The main view as a TableLayout gouing down containing weeks
each week contains 5 days
and the dates contain 1 label and 5 hour-ranges.

Trouble is, with labels of different size, the columns don't line up
anymore.

Now I am thinking about a ProportionalLayout, is there something even
better? especially if I want to scroll later? ( I would just update the
the labels of all fields, is there something that lets me draw the
visible ranges, and only asks for new data if I scroll into a region I
have not yet displayed on screen, but buffers data I already displayed?

Thanks for your answers,
   and if you don't understand my question, it's because it's far too
   late for me, now. ;-)