Layouting

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun May 25 00:02:14 UTC 2003

On Saturday 24 May 2003 04:25 pm, Ingo Hohmann wrote:

> Now I am thinking about a ProportionalLayout, is there something
> even better? especially if I want to scroll later? ( I would just
> update the the labels of all fields, is there something that lets
> me draw the visible ranges, and only asks for new data if I scroll
> into a region I have not yet displayed on screen, but buffers data
> I already displayed?

Have you looked at the PluggableMultiColumnListMorph?

Anyway, you may not need a layout at all. Just set the widths to
whatever they need to be. Set the #hResizing to #rigid, and maybe set
the #vResizing to #shrinkWrap if that's appropriate.

Or you could have a simple doLayoutIn: method that just looks at the
column widths and adjusts the widths and positions of the various
submorphs.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com