Next steps for MCP?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun May 25 14:14:08 UTC 2003

On Sunday 25 May 2003 04:19 am, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> I wonder if you find this interesting - the class category
> Morphic-Experimental sounds to me unessential to Morphic. But
> looking at the reference graph using SpT, I see that actually,
> Morphic-Kernel does depend on it in a few ways. The
> *PropertiesMorph classes are referenced by Morph. This requires
> some sleuthing as to whether the *PropertyMorphs should actually be
> in the Squeak core (in which case, they should be moved out of the
> category *Experimental), or that they should be made somehow
> optional extensions, which would require some design solution.

The AlignmentMorphBob1 is something that Bob Arning wrote and then
used as a subclass for a lot of UI stuff that ended up in
experimental, including the remote etoy stuff, nebraska, thread
navigation, etc.

However, it is also used for the GenericPropertiesMorph and its
subclasses; these are used by the properties Halo handle.

I would probably consider basing the GenericPropertiesMorph on
AlignmentMorph or BorderedMorph, and copy the necessary methods from
AMBob1 into it.

Likewise, StretchyImageMorph probably doesn't need to be based on
AMBob1.

DrawErrorMorph appears to be something that was used in testing and
could be removed.

I have found ShowEmptyTextMorph or something like it to be useful,
though the choice of how to display empty text should probably be
moved to TextMorph.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com