embedded or not (was: Squid plan)

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Sun May 25 20:41:38 UTC 2003

On Sunday 25 May 2003 10:53, Ned Konz wrote:
> There is the WISP project (http://www.wisp-lang.org) from Martin
> McClure and Travis Griggs that is porting a version of Pocket
> Smalltalk to the 16-bit world.

Thanks for the link! I see that there will be a presentation of another
embedded Smalltalk at Smalltalk Solutions 2003:

 http://www.smalltalksolutions.com/schedule/presentations.htm#Rabb0

And while the project I am currently finishing is an embedded machine
(with a compiled Smalltalk, not an interpreted one) the $30 computer I
was talking about in a previous message was a general purpose one for
kids.

-- Jecel
P.S.: does it bother people that I changed the subject line when the
topic drifts (obviously not a list tradition) or is it a good idea?
P.S2.: there are progress reports (Portugues only, sorry) with pictures
if anybody is interested: http://www.merlintec.com:8080/hardware/14