[VERY DEEP QUESTIONS] For me

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue May 27 04:09:17 UTC 2003

"Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> > Is there a method to create an .exe once I have my
> > application completed so that my customers can just
> > run my executable and would not even know they
> > are running smalltalk (Of course I would let them know that in the
> > application notes :)  )?
>
> Sure. For example:
...and under RiscOS
copy !Squeak to !myApp.
redraw the sprite squeak! (in the !myApp.!Sprites file) to reflect your
application needs.
redarw and rename the sprite !squeak to !myapp ditto.
edit the Obey file !myApp.!Run to add the commandline parameter
-windowlabel:myapplicationname
save your application image with all the developer stuff turned off and
with no warnings for missing source or changes files.
(probably) remove the !myApp.SqueakV3/sources file.
copy your application image into the !myApp directory, renaming it as
'Squeak/image'.

Now double-clicking on !myApp with launch your application . Simple. And
I know _so_ many of you were desperate to know how :-)

tim
Bother, said Pooh, as his rucksack opened whilst skydiving