copy yourself ?

Christian Hofer Christian.Hofer at gmx.de
Tue May 27 09:09:01 UTC 2003

Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:
> It is news to me that we are able to *perceive* any non-physical objects.

It is news to me that we are able to *perceive* physical objects. ;-)
What is the difference between a perception and a deception? Inevitably, you
have to make a judgement. So it's the world of predicates that constitutes
the real world (as I wrote before on this list). Indeed similar to Popper's
World 3.

The "abstract" world of meanings is the empirical world.
The concrete sensual world has no reality for itself.

(btw. no reason to abandon reality and only speak of intentions as someone
in this thread did: children are able to express a lot of unintented
intention! Is it useful to speak of intention then?)

But it's getting off topic...

Christian