squeak as a biological system

Sean Charles bibbers at onetel.net.uk
Thu May 29 20:06:11 UTC 2003

On Thursday, May 29, 2003, at 05:51 PM, jan ziak wrote:

> On Thu, 29 May 2003 19:35:39 +0200, Lothar Schenk wrote
>> Jan Ziak wrote:
>>
>>> i would be pleased if someone writes his/hers opinion on the text below.
> in
>>> case you will do so then thanks in advance. jz.
>>
>> One of the best ways to become confused in your thinking is by
>> (over-)using
>> analogies.
>>

> from this follows that you think the analogy is wrong. may i ask in what
> it
> is wrong?
>
> if you do not think it is wrong then i do not now why you mentioned "over-
> using of analogies".

I knew it would come to me, he (jan) is NOT a Turing Machine, he's a an
Emacs Doctor session that's somehow gotten connected to the
internet....this is my Mac Emacs session on the matter, for real, not
simulated.

I am the psychotherapist.  Please, describe your problems.  Each time
you are finished talking, type RET twice.

jan is a human

Why do you say jan is a human?

because of his postings

Are you sure that is the real reason?

definately, there's plenty of them.

Is it because of his postings that you say definately there's plenty
of them?

For sure doc, for sure.

Maybe your plans have something to do with this.

What plans? Oh, for OO to be real?

What makes you believe what plans for oo to be real?

Because jan says they are

Is it because jan says they are that you came to me?

Yes

I see...  Well, are you sure that this is so?

Er, I think so, it's been so long.

Earlier you said jan says they are?

He still does.

Is it because of your life that you are going through all this?