Package upload space for all Squeakers (was Missing package in SqueakMap?)

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed May 28 20:37:57 UTC 2003

Daniel Vainsencher <danielv at netvision.net.il> wrote:
> Works for me. Just d/led the RB.

Goodie.

> Thanks.
>
> BTW, it would probably be nice thing if now that we have a way for
> people to share their stuff effectively, we also methodically provide
> upload space to contributing Squeakers on a nice, stable machine (as
> this one is, this incident notwithstanding). As it it, a Squeakers
> experience installing packages could be quite surprising, depending on
> the host.

SM1.1 will include both the possibility to upload a package on
registration AND automatic caching of packages on the master so that
clients can fallback and download from there.

> Cees/Goran - any way we can arrange to give all current owners of
> packages an account of modules.squeakfoundation.org? if we do this
> periodically, it would be easier than handling requests one by one.

We could do that, but SM1.1 is moving forward now - especially since
Brian is helping me - he has already implemented most of the cache
mechanism.

regards, Göran