[ENH] CelesteShowMoveAgainTarget

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sat May 31 14:32:39 UTC 2003

I believe the easist thing would be to add a classic UI to Filtering
Celeste.  FC has (or at least *had*) various goodies over the existing
Celeste.  They didn't get integrated by the harvesting process, and so I
stopped bothering with all the separate changesets.  IMHO, FC *is*
Celeste, and it could even be renamed as the main Celeste package once
the classic UI is added back.  I'm not especially interested in
maintaining either one of them; I'm certainly not going to be doing any
development of my own in the forseeable future.  I'd certainly be
willing to integrate changesets, however, if no one wants to step up as
maintainer.

On the other hand,  I like FC way better, even with its nearly complete
lack of maintenance.  If the packages aren't merged, I'll be using it
for a long time into the future.

If someone wants to try to add the classic interface, I suggest making a
subclass with the familiar filtering instance variables from the parent,
like "subject filter" and "category".  Then, make a method
#activeFilters which returns a collection of FilteringCeleste filters
derived from these variables.  After that, modify FC to use
#activeFilters instead of reading the instance variable directly.
Finally, recreate the classic UI in the subclass, probably using a lot
of cut and paste.

Lex