[crash] Squeak crash on MasOS 10.3 (panther)

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Nov 1 06:16:50 UTC 2003

On Friday, October 31, 2003, at 12:08 PM, Raymond wrote:

> John wrote :
>> AAAAAAAHHH
>
> Hi John...you seem ''agréablement surpris'  or may be I interpret too
> much your
> AAAAAAAHH....

> Well,  I need time again before conclusion, but :) may be it was a
> rights access problem....
>
> not sure yet.

I've collected a few more independently submitted reports, and Ian and
I setup a fresh 10.3 machine today at viewpoints and watched it crash,
so I know it's broken.

*All* Squeak Mac users should use the submit a bug report button to
apple if they converted to 10.3 *hint* *hint*. So we can generate some
interest from Apple support staff. I'm assuming since there has been no
code changes in this Squeak VM  routine since os-x 10.0.0 beta then
it's likely not my bug.

What we do know know is the unix VM seems to work. So for folks that
have converted and don't want to convert back I'll suggest hunting up
the latest Unix mac-quartz VM and use that until either Apple does a
patch, or I find a work-around.
===