'Real' zooming&panning

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Nov 1 06:42:02 UTC 2003

Hi,

> >[...]. So you might want to give it a try by simply converting
> >your regular canvas into a balloon canvas and see what you get.
> >
> Simpler said than done for this graphics newbie, I fear (if
> only because Google is awfully unhelpful when entering 'Squeak Balloon'
> - is there any documentation at all?).

Actually, all you need to know is essentially how to handle Canvas. The
interface is basically the same with a few extended operations but you don't
need those to get started. That said, I'm slightly hesitant now if you're
not up over head in this - like I was saying I'm pretty sure some things
will not work and getting these right may turn out to be non-trivial.

> This replaced my test design (basically a Form with some morphs on it)
> with a red rectangle having a diagonal yellow cross, and then
> I went to bed ;-).
>
> Is this the right direction? Sorry for bothering y'all, but this stuff
> is extremely time-consuming to find out...

Yes, that's exactly the right thing to do. No idea why it barfs though...

Cheers,
  - Andreas