'Real' zooming&panning

Diego Gomez Deck DiegoGomezDeck at ConsultAr.com
Sat Nov 1 15:56:43 UTC 2003

> This is why I use Python libs for various graphics.

Go ahead! please continue using python!

If you think that Squeak is a set of clean libraries you didn't see the
point at all.

> Morphics internal graphics
> architecture is a rats nest of conflicting code, and half the
> translation/rotation features are broken in various ways. Everyone talks
> about fixing it, but no one ever does. It really makes doing any non-trivial
> graphics programming in Squeak a pain.
>
> Everyone is too busy building the next cool one-off project, and no one is
> cleaning up or maintaining the morphic infrastructure. Nevermind the fun I
> had trying to get sound to work under Linux.

What about you? Are you also busy building the next cool project?

What about contributing?

> With Python, everything I've wanted to do works.

With Squeak, everything I've want to do works and I change the rest in a
living environment.

With python (and every source based tools) I feel like walking is a
cemetery.

--
Diego Gomez Deck
http://www.small-land.org