Harvesting Process is not working

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Sun Nov 2 11:21:53 UTC 2003

The Harvesting process as defined (over a year!!) ago is not working.

So, personally I am really interested what people think about this.

Especially valuable would be the input of those happily submitting
changesets, but not participating in the review process: How do you
think this can possibly work? "I don't have time". No. This wrong:
People have time to participate in elaborate huge dicussions on this
list, they have time to actually produce changesets and submitt them.

Time can't be the problem. "reviewing" a simple change does not take
that much time. So what's the problem? too complicated? Not worth
the effort? Sometimes I think most people on the squeak-dev list
would be perfectly fine if we just declare Squeak to be finished:
Per definition, Smalltalk is the best language ever, so why change
anything? Just a round of bugfixed all 6 Months, that's it.

Actually, I think we are in just this state allready for more than
2 years.  Have you ever tried to explain somebody what's new in 3.6?
There is *nothing*. There was nothing new in 3.5. And not much in 3.4,
either. Squeak is dead.

      Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de