Squeak PDA hardware: getting better and better!

Nils Kassube nika.nospam at kassube.de
Sun Nov 2 15:54:44 UTC 2003

Aaron J Reichow <reic0024 at d.umn.edu> writes:

> out, and someone here has one. I've considered writing various POS
> device makers asking for a Palm model that would be upgradable to
> POS 6, so that

Did you sign up for the PalmOS developer program?

> couple reasons: 1) who the heck would I send it to? Sony and Palm

Ask some of the folks who make Palm websites, e.g. Geek.com, or
The-Gadgeteer.com. They probably know someone personally at PalmOne,
likely a marketing person but they should be able to refer you to
someone who can help. You should mention that Squeak runs fine on
PocketPCs and you want to make sure PalmOS is not left behind.  It's
probably a good idea to talk about how popular Squeak is, large and
growing community, Open Source, rapid development, and why it's very
good for PalmOS to have a SqueakVM available. IIRC there's a company
using Squeak for manufacturing, and/or scheduling apps -- looks like
their customers could be possibly interested in buying lots of
PalmOS-PDAs ;-)