How to use the BFAV?

Tom Koenig tomkoenig at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 2 17:13:13 UTC 2003

Brent,
Thanks for the help.   I'm in.     I would like to update the Swiki page
you pointed me to (http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3214), so that
right below the
Installing the BFAV <http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3299>  section ,
There is a section like:

Using the BFAV <http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3299>
Once you've installed BFAF, open the default view on the Archive by
doing either of the following:
*        Left click to bring up World menu.  Select "open...".  From the
Open Menu, select Bug Fixes Archive Viewer.
*        Or, do-it: "BugFixArchiveViewer viewGsugSwikiFixesArchive" .
The viewer will take a few minutes to load updates.

Once the viewer opens, try out some of the filtering options -- see the
tiny-menu in the top pane. Try filtering for groups with "weakness" in
the title or body text. Also, try filtering for just groups that have a
post from "ned at bike-nomad.com". Try filtering for groups with 3 or more
posts. Finally, try resetting all filters to their defaults.

The BugFixArchiveViewer allows you to send an email directly from the
viewer, or to edit your comments in CommentNotePad, a helper application
that is designed to help with automating a lot of the annoying details
about posting to the Bug Fixes Archive (QA tags, using parens correctly,
getting the title exactly the same, etc). Play with the CommentNotePad
via the "edit comments in note pad" mouse menu option. Try "edit summary
comments" in the tiny-menu; also try setting some of the QA options like
"SLint-Approved"; then try sending the comment as an email.

Or maybe just this
Using the BFAV <http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3299>

*	For hints on how to use the Viewer,  see:
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3228

Would you be willing to do that (or give me the id/password to do it?)
Thanks again
Tom