Harvesting Process is not working

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus schwa at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Nov 2 23:46:48 UTC 2003

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 12:21:53PM +0100, Marcus Denker wrote:

<snip>

> Actually, I think we are in just this state allready for more than
> 2 years.  Have you ever tried to explain somebody what's new in 3.6?
> There is *nothing*. There was nothing new in 3.5. And not much in 3.4,
> either. Squeak is dead.

Well, there's SqueakMap and the BFAV.  TrueType font rendering.
Modularization of the image.  Lots of stuff.

I agree that there haven't been the type of big changes that we have
seen in the past, such as with the addition of Morphic, ImageSegments,
etc.  But I don't see how this is the fault of the harvesting system;
where are the similarly big chunks of code that are ready to go, but
rot while waiting for review?  I don't see any.

Joshua