Dynapad: I'm looking for a partner

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Mon Nov 3 06:27:59 UTC 2003

Hello all!

After much thought, I've decided to look for a person who is willing to
help me out on Dynapad.  Duties would be coding, being a bit of moral
support, helping out with design.

The sticky point is that fundamentally, Dynapad is a project borne out of
my wants and needs.  I cringe at phrasing this in a way that may come off
as childish, but I think it is a common thing with coders who have very
personal projects.  I would want to be doing most of the main design of
the code, although depending on what was being worked on that could be at
varying levels of detail. Dynapad is my baby, and whoever works on it
would have to be in sync with my vision at the very least.

But also, the ideal candidate would critique my designs, let me know if I
was totally going in the wrong direction, or missed something elegant and
simple. The ideal person wouldn't have to be willing to put in a ton of
hours, even relatively few would be good- anything would help.

I am a very busy person, much to my annoyance, at least when it comes to
working on Dynapad. I go to school full time and will be soon working 30
hours a week.  There are also other time-eaters like friends and my SO as
well.  But Dynapad is suffering, users are hungry for a release, and I
feel like I owe them something for all of my promises.

If anyone out there is interested in the possibility, please email me and
let me know who you are, what you've done, where you are on the Mystical
Smalltalk Path.  The perfect person would have moderate experience coding
in Smalltalk or any OOP language, and at least a little experience in
Morphic.

I have been pondering this for quite a while, but avoiding it, afraid of
what it may mean for what I see as my project.  Frankly, I'm afraid of
Dynapad becoming something else if someone other than myself is involved
at the innermost cores. I think that fear may be a little unfounded, as
long as the volunteer is willing to at least hear me out as far as how I
think things should work in the system.

I suppose I'm most interested in working with just one person- but if
there are more than one people willing to specialize, that may be an
interesting possibility as well.

If you're interested at all, please email me!

Regards,
Aaron

--
"truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies." :: r. w. emerson