Harvesting Process is not working

G.J.Murphy G.J.Murphy at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 3 06:38:28 UTC 2003

Hello Markus,

> The Harvesting process as defined (over a year!!) ago is not working.
>
> So, personally I am really interested what people think about this.
>
> Especially valuable would be the input of those happily submitting
> changesets, but not participating in the review process: How do you
> think this can possibly work? "I don't have time". No. This wrong:
> People have time to participate in elaborate huge dicussions on this
> list, they have time to actually produce changesets and submitt them.

Oops - as one of guilty ones, an explanation is in order...

I'm currently working my way through the SUnit tutorial at the moment, and
am both new to Squeak the language / environment as well as the developer
culture that goes with it - I just wanted a quick bug-fix that I could get
checked by others and to check my understanding of the language at a
conceptual rather than syntactic level.

It wasn't seriously considered as a definitive contribution to the Squeak
base image or packages - it was there to demonstrate what I'd done.

I have found out about the 'harvesting process' on the Swiki since I
submitted that change-set, now I know - consider me put right on the matter!

Be warned, though: I think it's inevitable that every now and then you'll
get people like me who miss some of the 'process' parts of the Wiki before
asking questions of the Squeak community - after all, does anybody read
*all* of the Swiki before getting stuck in?

Regards,

Gerard