'Real' zooming&panning

cg at tric.nl cg at tric.nl
Mon Nov 3 07:36:49 UTC 2003

Ned Konz  <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> said:
>I don't disagree with how it should look. I'm just saying that it's not the
>job of the Canvas to do this. If the Morph wants to draw itself differently
>than just scaling itself, then it's the Morph's responsibility to do so.

Does the Morph know that it is being drawn in a scaled environment?
Because that's something it should know so it can draw user interface
elements (the 'handle' triangles and circles for sure, and the outline
in our case as well) at the appropriate scale.

>I don't understand why you feel you have to bypass Morphic. The user
>interaction -- the event handling especially -- is already handled by
>Morphic.

Well, then probably you know too much about Morphic to appreciate how
completely lost this beginner is. If I cannot untangle the code that is
currently there, and at the moment it looks that way, it is probably
faster to junk the lot and start from scratch...

Maybe we can subclass from Morph to get the event handling, but all the
useful stuff in PolygonMorph (our most important worker at this moment)
and others we probably need to rewrite from scratch :-(.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.tric.nl     <cg at tric.nl>
tric, the new way           helpdesk/ticketing software, VoIP/CTI,