[BUG]UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #contents

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus schwa at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Nov 3 15:21:56 UTC 2003

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 03:56:15PM +0100, Peter van Rooijen wrote:
> Why aren't ENHs on SqueakMap? What do they have to do with bugs?
>
> Ahhh, maybe the BFAV really isn't for bugs and fixes, even though the name
> suggests it. Maybe it is really the place for everything that someone would
> like to see changed in the base image? Maybe it is really the Base Image
> Submissions Tracker???

Bingo!

Your name for it is better.  The current name is there for historical
reasons.  For several years, Bert Freudenberg has been running the
Squeak Fixes Archive (http://swiki.gsug.org/SQFIXES), a swiki that
collects messages to the list with [ENH] and [FIX] in the subject.
When the BFAV was created, it just kept with the historical name.

At the risk of even greater short term confusion for newbies ;-)
I think that we should deprecate the current name, and replace it
with a better one.

Base Image Submissions Tracker isn't quite right either, because
many of the submissions are for particular packages on SqueakMap,
and aren't intended for the base image.  Anyone have a better
suggestion?

Joshua