Harvesting Process is not working

cg at tric.nl cg at tric.nl
Tue Nov 4 08:07:29 UTC 2003

Stephen Pair  <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> said:
>Well, it seems like you want some sort of starting point that can take
>to any and all information in the world.  How about:  http://www.google.com

With all respect, Stephen, pointing to Google when someone complains
about usability to newbies (Squeak newbies, mind you - Peter isn't
exactly a Smalltalk newbie) is not going to help.

Squeak's usability just sucks in a lot of places, and the only way to
make it better is to patiently listen to complaints and criticism and,
little by little, fix it. If you think that newbies should use
particular Google searches to find information, then these searches
should be in a readily accessible place in the image.

(note that when I'm talking about "Squeak's usability" I am taking the
broadest possible scope, including websites etcetera).

(note2: I don't find Peter in this thread as annoying as he can be ;-))
--
Cees de Groot               http://www.tric.nl     <cg at tric.nl>
tric, the new way           helpdesk/ticketing software, VoIP/CTI,