Harvesting Process is not working

Trygve Reenskaug trygver at ifi.uio.no
Tue Nov 4 09:06:52 UTC 2003

The idea of a mentor is really appealing. I have 25 years with professional
Smalltalk  development, mainly ST76, ST78, Tektronix ST, and VW. I move to
Squeak because it is open, pliable and excellent for the experiments I want
to do with modelling/programming.

I have about 25 years' work of goodies and tools and need to port at least
some of it to simplify my programming.

As many others, I was/am frustrated because Squeak isn't what a product
should be. But most products aren't, either. So that's no argument. After a
few weeks, I realize that Squeak is a communal laboratory for experimenting
with new ideas and new lab equipment. Perfect for what I want to do. There
might even be somebody out there who could be interested in what I'm doing.

I would be very grateful if I could spend more time on new and ported
stuff, and less on second guessing how to do simple things like keeping a
large cursor on the screen for the duration of a demo. And can I find a
large hand cursor anywhere?

So, is there a volunteer mentor out there?

regards
--Trygve

Trygve Reenskaug      mailto: trygver at ifi.uio.no
Morgedalsvn. 5A       http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver
N-0378 Oslo           Tel: (+47) 22 49 57 27
Norway