Harvesting Process is not working

Trygve Reenskaug trygver at ifi.uio.no
Tue Nov 4 17:01:49 UTC 2003

Karl,
Many thanks. It will save a lot of time. <ducasse > suggested that we keep
it public to get maximum benefit from your efforts.

I am preparing a presentation where I for the first time replace PowerPoint
with Squeak. I need a bigger cursor that is visible to the audience so that
they can follow what I am doing.

showTemporaryCursor: works nicely, but it is too temporary. Specifically, I
have subclassed SystemWindow in some places. It transpires that
SystemWindow resets the cursor when I move from one pane to another. This
is the stack when it does so:
     1: MethodContext/showTemporaryCursor:hotSpotOffset: (nil)
     2: HandMorph/showTemporaryCursor:
     3: NewHandleMorph/followHand:forEachPointDo:lastPointDo:withCursor:
     4: SystemWindow/spawnPaneFrameHandle:
     5: SystemWindow/spawnReframeHandle:
     6: SystemWindow/paneTransition:
     7: EventHandler/send:to:withEvent:fromMorph:
     8: EventHandler/mouseLeave:fromMorph:
     9: AlignmentMorph/mouseLeave:
     10: AlignmentMorph/handleMouseLeave:
         etc.

The SystemWindow seems to insist on resetting the cursor, so may be I have
to employ a traditional pointer made of wood.

P.S. The above dump of the stack was created by adding a statement in the
HandMorph/showTemporaryCursor: method. I post the necessary code in a
separate e-mail.

Regards
--Trygve

Trygve Reenskaug      mailto: trygver at ifi.uio.no
Morgedalsvn. 5A       http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver
N-0378 Oslo           Tel: (+47) 22 49 57 27
Norway