SqueakMap Package Loader confusion

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Nov 5 09:51:35 UTC 2003

William Trenker <wtrenker at shaw.ca> wrote:
> I just downloaded the squeak 3.4 sources on my Linux system and it compiled and installed just fine.  I opened the Package Loader and it installed alright as well.
>
> My problem is that when I select a package in the SM Package Loader and right-click on the package name I don't get a menu with "install" on it.  Instead I just get all the little icons that usually show up when you right-click on something.  I've tried right-clicking all over the Package Loader but don't get any pop-up menu.

Hmmm, "little icons"... Ah! You mean the halo! Ok, well - you have
simply ended up with the mousebuttons "moved around". Have you tried the
other buttons? Pressing perhaps the wheel?

Surely someone running Linux will help you here - I don't currently.
There might also be some advice on the Squeak Swiki - search there:

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak

> Thanks for any suggestions,
> Bill

regards. Göran