Reliable SqueakMap Package Server/ SqueakMap package mirrors

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Nov 5 16:18:10 UTC 2003

Stephen Pair <stephen at pairhome.net> wrote:
> goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> > SM2 (upcoming) has this problem solved. Proper caching, both on server
> >
> >and on client - so the original URLs don't need to be on line. And it
> >also includes an upload area.
>
> So, how does one control the caching?  If I change the download file on
> my website, can I force SM2 and any clients to flush their cache?

Just changing the file without doing a new release would be "bad style".
Though, SM2 contains an extra "step" where you mark a release as
"published". So I am leaning towards allowing the "trick" you mention
for unpublished (they are there - but not marked as "published")
releases and then force people to consider published releases as
immutable.

And yes - you will need to go to SM2 and "reload" it. Well, I will add
that mechanism. :)

> - Stephen

regards, Göran