FYI: a secure Monticello?

Phil Hargett hargettp at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 6 12:20:16 UTC 2003

In the interest of sharing ideas about source code control and
versioning systems, have y'all seen this recent update on freshmeat for
a package called Monotone?

It bills itself as a secure, distributed version control system.  It
resembles Monticello in that any repository can sync with any other
repository, and each package in a repository knows it's version history
with other repositories.  It adds further functionality like delta
merging within files and source trees, secure hashing (with SHA1) of
source trees and file contents to ensure package integrity, and the use
of certificates with RSA encryption to authenticate authors of changes.

Although today we get buy just fine without being overly concerned with
security in our sharing of source, someday that might not be the case.
Anyway, interesting stuff. :)