swiki, commanche , 3.6, network rewrite, oh my

ar ly4aegw02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Nov 6 16:14:41 UTC 2003

Stephen,

Thanks for filling in some of the gaps for me.

>  My advice is to load Comanche 6.2
> (KomHttpServer on SqueakMap) and try out the SmallWiki package and see
> if it will meet your needs.  If you want to stick with the old Swiki,
> then my advice is to download and use one of the pre-configured images
> for ComSwiki and don't use Comanche 6.2 or Squeak 3.6.

SmallWiki looks like it would fit my needs nicely if if were stable
enough. Then I can save myself (actually the host of my UML linux box)
the extra 6M or so of ram to run swiki separately from my main image, or
my gray hairs trying to getting it running in 3.6.

But whereas swiki has been absolutely rock-solid, it looks like Squeak/
Smallwiki might need some seasoning yet.

On the initial page, I tried changing the title of the page from
'Smallwiki'. Without touching the page content, I pressed save and got and
error in SWWikiScanner>>step, where it is trying to put a string to a
WriteStream built on a string. This is because the input steam
contents are an OrderedCollection on the page content string
instead of the page content string itself. Can anyone reproduce this?