swiki, commanche , 3.6, network rewrite, oh my

Stephen Pair stephen at pairhome.net
Thu Nov 6 18:02:44 UTC 2003

ducasse wrote:

>> That is encouraging (more than the comments in the package header on
>> Squeakmap!)
>
> chris could you be explicit about the difference between
> SmallWiki/Squeak and SmallWiki/VW in the package on Squeak Map because
> it would be bad that people think that SmallWiki in general is bad.

Stef,

I had a quick look at it and in general it is not stable yet...it looks
to me like they are just VW vs Squeak differences that need to be ironed
out.  For example, I don't think any of the persistence backends are
working (just in memory storage).

But, the package clearly states that the port is full of bugs right
now...so I don't think anyone will think SmallWiki is bad...just that
the port is not yet finished.

- Stephen