[BUG] MNU attempting to open a Package loader

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Fri Nov 7 03:21:40 UTC 2003

On Thursday, November 6, 2003, at 07:21 PM, goran.krampe at bluefish.se
wrote:

> Marcus Denker <marcus at ira.uka.de> wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 10:31:38PM +0100, goran.krampe at bluefish.se
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> And yes - removing the .log files (in SqueakMap Base <1.08 you need
>>> delete the dir too) or the whole directory is completely safe and
>>> "solves all problems". :)
>>>
>> could we then maybe get 1.08 in the update stream? maybe even as a
>> bugfix
>> for 3.6? We had, I guess, allready around 5 or more people
>> experiencing
>> the same problem. Everytime with "delete sm or update". And there will
>> be 20 more, if this is not fixed.
>
> Well, the problem itself here I am not sure what it is. 1.08 is a tad
> smarter when you delete only the logfile and not the dir - that was
> what
> I was trying to explain above. Deleting te "sm" dir has always worked
> as
> a good medicine - it is just a mirror of the master, so there is no
> information "lost".
>
> But sure, SqueakMap Base 1.08 contains improvements and fixes. Exactly
> how and when we issue updates regarding these packages I am not sure.
> Doug may have some input here.

Yeah, it looks like SqueakMap Base 1.08 (and SMLoader 1.03) fixes the
problems.  (I see the problem Dan mentioned consistently with
1.07/1.02.)

So, I guess it's time to do the include-new-version-as-update thing for
SqueakMap Base and the SM Loader, so that the base image already
includes them.  I should probably upgrade SARInstaller while I'm at
it... the alpha image has v19, but the latest is v21.  (Those are the
only pre-installed packages which have new versions.)

- Doug