CrLfFileStream oldFileNamed:

Germán S. Arduino gsa at softhome.net
Sat Nov 8 13:43:35 UTC 2003

Hi Folks:

I'm developing an utility to change the appearance of Gnome under LinEx. I
must to modify the .desktop files, changing names, paths, paths of icons and
so.

I'm opening each .desktop file using CrLfFileStream oldFileNamed:
'file.desktop' beacuse in the comment of that method (at StandardFileStream)
says:

 "Open an existing file with the given name for reading and
 writing. If the name has no directory part, then the file will be
 created in the default directory. If the file already exists, its
 prior contents may be modified or replaced, but the file will
 not be truncated on close."

Says, "The prior contents may be modified or replaced". I need to modify
some lines and let unmodified anothers (in each .desktop file) but I can't
figure out how to make that.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers.
gsa.