[ENH] sandboxCategory-ls ( [et][er][cd][sm] )

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Sat Nov 8 17:35:00 UTC 2003

On Saturday, November 8, 2003, at 11:55 AM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> ... So my rule of thumb would be: As long as you're on your
> own, do whatever you want. You want a quick hack? Go for it. But as
> soon as
> you start sharing (which includes sending a CS around) I'd argue that
> things
> should be classified by then. Or put differently: Nothing that ships
> with
> "official Squeak" should have unclassified methods or non-descript
> names.

I was thinking the same thing.  We could have a rule that we won't
incorporate any classes that are uncategorized into "official Squeak".
I could add a test for this in my proposed changeset validator.  So
then we could have Lex's enhancement, and Richard wouldn't have to
worry about ever seeing uncategorized classes in base Squeak. :)

(We could also have a rule about not allowing uncategorized methods,
although for some reason they don't bother me quite as much, especially
for very small classes with only a handful of methods.)

- Doug