CrLfFileStream oldFileNamed:

Germán S. Arduino gsa at softhome.net
Sat Nov 8 18:43:26 UTC 2003

Thanks by your response Lex.

> Unix utilities tend to avoid in-place modification, and instead read in
> a copy of the file, write it to a new file, and make changes along the
> way.  When everything is done, the original file is deleted and the new
> file moved on top of it.  Maybe this will work better for you.  While it
> sounds inefficient, it works out fine in practice whenever the text file
> is not humongous.

Are only .desktop files (of Gnome desktop configuration), aren't bigs, and
I would haven't problems in create a new ones and delete  or  (better)
rename
the original files, but searching in FileStream, StandarFileStream
and CrLfFileStream I can't find the right methods to make that.

> Besides, if you really want efficiency, you wouldn't
> be using a text file at all, but would be using a database.  :)

Why use databases having real object technology as Smalltalk! :)

Regards.
gsa.