About babel

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Nov 8 20:57:32 UTC 2003

Hi

during the squeak party here we (markus, marcus, lukas, hans, diego,
alex and me) got a good discussion on how to proceed with the two babel
options andreas approach with literal changes and translated of diego.

After a lot of interesting discussions we arrive to a consensus that
diego approach is better because
it makes things explicit and that this is already done and ready to go
in the image.

So I'm planning to wait until doug includes in the stream the pending
approved items to check conflicts with the huge changeset diego
produced: 600 methods. For now there are 15 conflicts simple one I
guess with 3.7a and with that we will have a fully language aware basic
image. Just waiting for translators to proceed.

Stef