[MCZ] and adding related files

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Nov 9 08:06:33 UTC 2003

On Dimanche, nov 9, 2003, at 00:30 Europe/Zurich, Colin Putney wrote:

> The only real stumbling block is the mcz file format, which is
> designed to make the code accessible to non-Monticello-users. Since
> our current model of a program is closely related to the Squeak
> runtime, it's isomorphic to Squeak fileouts, and mcz contains a normal
> fileout with the package's source code. To deal with Traits or
> Aspects, we'd need a new fileout format that could go in the mcz
> archive.

Hi colin

how you format is generated right now: for me I would love to have a
visitor over classDef, instVarDef, GlobalDef....that can generate
different format. I was thinking how we could introduce this kind of
fileouter to replace all the mess with fileouting in the image...So I'm
curious to knwo in MC because I still did not find the time to have a
look.

Stef