Question about 5351FITBFocus

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Nov 9 15:23:20 UTC 2003

On Sunday 09 November 2003 12:30 am, ducasse wrote:
>         [ self
>                 updateColor: result
>                 color: result color
>                 intensity: 2 ] on: MessageNotUnderstood do: [ :ex | ].
>         ^ result
>

> I hate this kind of code (on: MessageNotUnderstood do: [ :ex | ])
> because this is then a nightmare to debug. However, I would like to know
> what was the problem?

As the change set says, it was intended to work with or without Diego's look
changes loaded.

He defines #updateColor:color:intensity: in his change set; it's not there
ordinarily in Squeak.

I didn't want to define #updateColor:color:intensity: in this change set
because I didn't want to override his, over which I had no control.

And from the look of the code, I was in a hurry to fix a bug.

Patches welcome.
--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com