duplicateCtrlAndAltkeys

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Nov 10 02:35:29 UTC 2003

> Few days back I didn't get any solution, but I am posting it again, in
> hope that, somebody might have found one.

To summarize the thread:

	1. You can't do it out of the box right now.

	2. To move forward, it would be best to modify ParagraphEditor to use
*key* events instead of *character* events.

	3. To make this work out, the VM's need to present key events using a
standard encoding.  The XWindows encoding seems to be as good a choice
as any.

There's of course the whole issue of what the various keys *should* do,
and whether they should do the same thing by default on all platforms.
But until #2 and #3 happen, there is a lot of limitation on what is
possible.

-Lex