X11 Server for Squeak!

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Mon Nov 10 23:41:16 UTC 2003

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Dan Ingalls wrote:

> This is exactly what Ian Piumarta has done for the Squeak PC project
> (funded by my Weather Station needs).  He has written a new display
> driver that lets Squeak display directly to the frame buffer, and
> handles other related mouse and keyboard details.

Hi Dan!

What is the difference between this new display driver and the old - and
very nice IMHO - FB driver that is in the newer Unix VMs? Is this the same
work, or is there yet another (3rd or 4th interation) of the FB driver?

Any chance that this (new) work of ian's would play well with GPM at all?
Not likely considering the fact that your Squeak PC probably doesn't have
a need for GPM, but just a q... thanks!

Regards,
Aaron

--
"truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies." :: r. w. emerson