GOODS freezes my squeak

Pablo Iaría iariap at HotPOP.com
Tue Nov 11 12:51:33 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I downloaded the GOODS package Avi wrote form squeakmap and compiled
the GOODS binaries for win32. I could get the server up and running.
I could connect from squeak, store the root object and some others,
but EVERY time I do a commit, squeak hangs up and the only way I
found to get it back to life was stopping the GOODS server (the
objects are, in fact, being stored).

|db|
db := KKDatabase onHost: 'localhost' port: 6100.
db root: Dictionary new.
db root at: 'Testing' put: #(1 2 3 4 5 6).
db commit <- here hangs up

I put a "halt" to see what is going on and I found the problem in:

KKConnection>>receiveFullyInto: aBuffer

Im using squeak 3.6, the last GOODS package placed in squeakmap, and
compiled the last version of GOODS.

Can anyone bring me some light here ? Did this happend to you ?

Best regards,
Pablo