Squeakers' Meeting in SF Bay Area Tomorrow

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Tue Nov 11 21:47:17 UTC 2003

Folks -

Tomorrow, Wednesday at 6pm, there will be a meeting of Squeakers of the SF Ba y Area in Santa Clara.

At least two tidbits are on the agenda:

	1.  Squeak PC:  I will demo Squeak 3.6  booting silently from Compact Flash,
	and running silently on a low-cost and low-power Mini-ITX board with no fans.

	2.  Wheat:  Mark lentczner will bring us up to date on Wheat, his very cool language
	(really environment) where every object has a URL, making things like wikis
	and multi-user programming just a wave of the hand (my characterization;
	come tomorrow and hear a more reasonable description and demo from Mark ;-).

This continues the "Squackers" series, and Wednesday's meeting is hosted by Joe Barnhart and the good folks at Roos Instruments, who are making available a nice meeting room with Internet, projectors, etc.  Check out their website at http://www.roos.com for company information.  Here is a link to driving directions and a map:

	http://www.roos.com/web/site.nsf/address.html?OpenPage&charset=iso-8859-1

Food and beverage will be provided, so please drop a note to Joe so we can get a sense of how much will be needed.

Thanks, and see you there

	- Dan Ingalls