[Q] Using Ports in OS X

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Nov 13 08:50:50 UTC 2003

On 12/11/03 18:49, "John M McIntosh" <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>
wrote:

> Could I get a point of clarification here. Are you saying that say with
> 3.5.0b4 or earlier you could open port 80. But the 3.5.1b1 or later you
> cannot?
> We did migrate from Open Transport to BSD sockets at 3.5.1b1 so I'm
> wondering
> what the difference is.
>

> On Nov 12, 2003, at 1:21 PM, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
John :

I was misunderstand.

No, I do not could open port 80 in OS X without root permission.
(OS 9 do not have this problem).

The problem was in the second part of original mail

>>Also
>>Someone knows a tool for report differences in two images ?
>>What I have is one working and the other don't
>>Wish know what is missing.

Well , the answer is with Squeak 3.6.0Beta2 neither of two images (what I
believe one is wrong build) works
With Squeak 3.6.0Beta both images works.
It's no problem with browsers, I could run in IE, iCab and safari if I type

http://localhost:8000/xxx

Some web frameworks are using 80 as portDefault and how Bert correctly say ,
it's not a good idea

So I don't wish disturb you , I know VM has moved to new ones and any
problems what Squeak 3.6.0Beta2 could have no hurt many people.

Cheers
Edgar