[Test][Bug?] Smalltalk compressSources (was: Re: Which PDA best for running squeak ?)

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Sat Nov 15 00:39:49 UTC 2003

Hi, Hannes -

I'm glad to hear your enthusiasm for compressed soruces.  I, too, got an error stemming from the PackageLoader's need to access the fileID of the Sources file.  If you have a chance, would you please define

	CompressedSourcesFile>>fileID
		^ segmentFile fileID

and see if this cures your problem.  You should be able to do this in the saved image file and then run the PackageLoader.  If this solves your problem (and probably in any event), I'll put out a new version ASAP (which might not be immediately ;-).

Thanks for testing this!

	- Dan
Hannes Hirzel <hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch>  wrote...