File names was Re: Warning: Large Babel translation

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Sat Nov 15 10:51:48 UTC 2003

Diego Gomez Deck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The #squeakToIso and #isoToSqueak pair don't cover this problem?
>
> What is needed? Something like #currentPlatformEncodeToSqueak?

Probably yes. That is a more general solution.

Squeak has an internal representation for sequences of characters which
does not necessarly correspond with the platform. I once was very
aware of the current state in this area but at the moment I'm not on track.

A new thing is surely the text file package by Andreas, see

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3342
(TextFiles Package)

It looks promising. But it is probably not yet in the image.

Hannes