Warning: Large Babel translation update coming soon

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Nov 15 21:28:27 UTC 2003

>> - finally with the approach of diego this was done. And you know as me
>> that there are Pigs and Chickens in
>> our nice world and there are far less Pigs than Chicken. :)
>
> This is where translation becomes difficult. I understand the words
> but not the meaning ;)

hi dave

I should have explain before but this is much more fun to wait that
somebody ask :))

in the SCRUM methodology there are two kinds of actors the pigs = the
doer and the chickens
the talkers.

The names (not really adequate to me point of view) refer to the
following story.

A chicken and a pig discuss and the chicken says:
  I have an idea we should open a restaurant.
The pig: why? what do we sell?
The chicken: eggs and bacon
The pig: no way you will be involved and I will be committed.

So in the Scrum methodology only the doers are allowed to talk and give
suggestions during meeting.

By the way this is worth to read the book because this is not about
programming or development
but a process methodology that works well combined with XP but not only.
One guy reported that he used it to steer exhibition organisation.

stef